Saturday 25 September 2010

Laser cutting

Back at university again so I have access to all these wonderful high powered tools. Namely the one I've been waiting for is the laser cutter.

Had to do a design on the existing circuit board bed to fit all the electronics on. I may do another redesign as well. So I can attach a PC cooling fan to flow through the electronics efficiently and won't be in the way of the bed so much.



I also laser cut out some of the gears, because frankly they were terrible. Just look.



Things left for me to do.
  • Extruder working.
  • Installing on the Mendel.
  • Redesigning Electronic board.
Things i want to do.
  • Laser cut a case for the Mendel, as I am prone to dropping things on top of other things.
  • Heated bed.
  • Multiple extruders.
  • Design detachable extruder heads and other equipment, Laser cutter, Milling.


1 comment:

  1. Thick metal pieces which are required to be cut without affecting their ends,laser cutting is considered most effective technique. the pictures you have shared are definitely useful for learning more about laser cutting.

    ReplyDelete