Monday 9 August 2010

Parts have arrived!

As you can see from the pictures the Mendel RepRap plastic parts have arrived! All the pieces are there I believe, only downside is there is some warping on some parts. I think this is due to the supplier not using a heated bed (my Mendel will have one).

Other than that I just have to drill some holes in the parts and clean them up a bit. Shouldn't take too long to do.

Currently I have just salvaged some old containers to store my parts in some far. Will be working on it intensively tomorrow.


Mystery packaged arrived, I recently checked earlier that the RepRap parts where still in Dublin so I thought motors!




Upon tearing it apart I found it was the RepRap parts from E-bay, was getting a bit excited and looking forward to seeing the new parts in the next few seconds. 




It was much bigger than I was expecting too say the least. Smelt rather nice of new plastic.




All neatly ordered and accounted for. As you can see the bottom 3rd from the left piece is slightly warped, this is why I will be making a heated bed for my Mendel so i can make better quality pieces 




Tomorrow shall bring the filing down and drilling the holes.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't the parts have been printed with the drill holes already in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different process for making the parts.

    I've got rubber die made out of resin, making it rather warped in some places and unable to make hollow insides.

    ReplyDelete