Friday 20 August 2010

Some progress and electronics ordered

The electronics have been ordered from http://www.techzonecom.com/ in America it worked out a bit cheaper and no wait than ordering from European websites as it included the USB to TTL module too. I like the fact that my Mendel will have travelled half way round the world to get here.

I have just read that a fellow UK Mendel owner had his parcel in customs for a couple of weeks. so maybe a delay before I can get it working.



Tackling the Y-Axis, I groaned when I realised that this part was not properly moulded. I had to drill a rectangual hole at 60 Degrees off from the plane in the right place, if I fail that I've pretty much messed that peice up completely and green stuff may have to come and save the day.




Two cups of tea, one sandwhich, a bit of facebookin' and three hours later I managed to get it working very nicely.


But as you can see i still have the other two to do as well. That can be a job for tomorrow.


Here is it fitted, runs all smooth like.



Been working on the Extruder, still a while to go, waiting on some Kapton take I've ordered so i can fit the Ni-crom wire to the nozzle and still need to find M4 studding or a long bolt to attach the large cog. No store in Oxford seems to stock them at all.






No comments:

Post a Comment